Friday 26 February 2010

Sickness

So hubby is still in the hospital but they let him come home last night for a couple of hours since it was our daughter's 1st birthday; can't believe that she is already 12 months old! On top of all this I was up with Alyssa at 4am with her coughing up a storm. She's all congested, but still in good spirits. Lol, she was just playing with the aspirator and sucking on it. Those aspirators aren't really good unless the mucus is watery. Oh well, makes for a good chew toy for her, just got to watch her with it so the end doesn't pop out and she chokes on it. Forget it, not taking that risk so I've taken out the end so i don't have to worry about her choking on it.
I'm suppose work again tomorrow, my second day back, but with hubby not home and baby not well, i'm gonna stay home. It sucks to leave the unit possibly short, but I wouldn't be much good if I left Alyssa with friends for the day; i'd constantly be worrying about her. I can see why people get a nanny; there's consistancy of care and the child stays home and doesn't have they're routine messed up too much and then mommy can get a break on her days off work.
Baby is napping now so I'm gonna go and try to unstick the Not-So-Smart, Smart Car out of the driveway.

No comments: